Re: [Evolution] configuration question for coexisting with procmail

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 09:58, Chris Ricker wrote:
Sorry if you see this twice.  I've sent it before, but a (mis-)configuration
at ximian keeps eating it.

I'm trying to set up evolution (1.0.1) for a few users on a system and can't
figure out a sane way to do it.

Here's the scenario.  The system uses procmail for local mail delivery.
All mail, by default, goes to /home/$user/Mail/Inbox.  Most users have
~/.procmailrc configured to sort mail to lots of other files in
/home/$user/Mail (eg, in addition to /home/$user/Mail/Inbox, there's also
/home/$user/Mail/evolution, /home/$user/Mail/postfix, and so forth) as well.

I can't figure out how to tell evolution to read in all the files in
/home/$user/Mail as mailboxes.

This feature is in the works for version 1.2

The best I've come up with so far is
manually creating a separate account for every single file under
/home/$user/Mail, which is too ugly a solution to accept (some people have
dozens to hundreds of separate mailboxes under ~/Mail).

Any suggestions?

In the meanwhile, you might try setting up procmail to filter mail into
Maildir format. You can point Evolution 1.0 to a Maildir tree and it'll
find all the subfolders without the need to make a new account for each
folder.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast