Re: [Evolution] Configuring filters correctly

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 19:50, Lucas Di Pentima wrote:
Hi people!

How do I set up my mail filters so that they are applied in an ordered
fashion? I give you an example:

If some person sends an email to a mailing list where I'm suscribed and
also CC: to my personal email address, both filters are applied to that
message, so I receive duplicated!, I need the filters that match certain
message to apply the rules on it and *no other* filter to be applied to
it, I think that's why Evo is getting so slow when I download mail, as I
suscribe to more and more mailing lists and make more and more filters.

Thanks in advance.

--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe - Argentina
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.lunix.com.ar/clave-publica-lucas.gpg

Go to Tools -> Filters

The filter menu that opens shows the incoming filters and the sequence
that the filters are applied (from top to bottom represents first to
last).  To change the order a filter is applied, click on the filter
name to highlight it and then the up and down arrow keys will be
activated.  Use the up and down keys to move the highlighted filter
higher up or lower down the list.

To prevent duplication you can "add action" of "stop processing" to the
first filter that the message is likely to be acted upon.

Whether you use "stop processing" as the final action or not of each
filter rule and the sequence that the filter rules are applied is a bit
of a science to get your filter list to do what you want.

--
Ralph Sanford       -       If your government does not trust you,
rsanford telusplanet net   -   should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key   -   0x7A1BEA01