[Evolution] Palm sync problems

I installed Evolution and the Gnome desktop from CD.  I seem to be
having a problem syncing.

I go to tools and choose "Pilot Settings".  I have a serial cradle which
works fine with Palm software in Windoes.  The wizard has the name
"Cradle" listed, and the port as /dev/pilot.  I push the sync button on
the cradle when the program says too.  The connecton times out.

Is that where I put in the name of the unit, or will it find the name
itself?

Does the username have to be the same as the Palm's name as it did in
earlier versions?

/dev/pilot does not exist.  Should it?  I know that the palm is on
/dev/ttyS1 (COM 2).  Should that be there?

Is there anything I am missing?

--

  --  Ed Weinberg
      edw q5comm com