Re: [Evolution] Hide email address in 'From' field?

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 10:31, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
    I agree. If anyone knows how to modify this behavior I would like to hear
    about it.

    > hi ryan
    > i guess my question was not very clear. i want to hide the email address
    > of the sender in the evo gui, and not in the email header. by default,
    > evo prints the senders name and the email address within "<>".
    > sylpheed,netscape etc do this by default against the same exchange
    > server, so i am pretty sure its a client thing.
    > imho, the gui would look much "cleaner" that way.

  Yeah, we are aware of this.  It is planned to be fixed in the somewhat
near future.

Hopefully, this will be an option, right?  One of the (many) reasons I
like to use Evolution is that I can use the spiffy drop-down menu to
change which of my several "From:" address I wish to put in the email
headers (depending upon whom I send the email to).  I would be *very*
sad to lose this functionality.

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett_johnson hp com>