Re: [Evolution] Very high memory usage

On 17 Jan 2002, John Harlow wrote:
I have noticed that my memory usage in Evolution (via gtop) grows very
high very quickly. This morning, I started E and it immediately went to
55 meg in evolution-mail and another 30 meg in the rest of Evolution.

Then I did a Send/Receive and it poll 4 mailboxes (retreiving about 120
messages.) At the end of this process the evolution-mail processes added
up to just over 200 meg.

I closed E and restarted it. Usage went back down to 55 meg until I
checked mail, then it started growing again.

Any ideas?

It's a 'feature' of the way Linux tracks threads as individual processes.
a 2M evolution process with 9 active threads will appear to be using
(2M*9)=18M or memory.  It's not really, but the proc table appears this
way.

--Mark