Re: [Evolution] Re: [Galeon-user] Regular total lockups with 1.0.1

I'm not sure this is related; do you mean that the system just freezes
completely, that sort of "total lockup"?  Nothing short of the reset
button or power switch has any effect whatsoever?  I've experienced
similar lockups and a friend of mine had too.  He reports that after
upgrading his kernel the lockups appear to have stopped (or, perhaps he
just hasn't waited long enough to make sure it doesn't happen again...)

I also upgraded my kernel and, so far, no lockups.  I'm a Galeon user
and an Evolution user, but I never made any sort of connection between
either of them and the lockups.

I am running Redhat 7.1, but have upgraded the kernel:

Linux beren 2.4.9-12 #1 Tue Oct 30 18:33:49 EST 2001 i686 unknown

With regard to the sound card, I'm not sure what model it is.  Here's
from dmesg:

PCI: Found IRQ 7 for device 00:0d.0
es1371: found chip, vendor id 0x1274 device id 0x1371 revision 0x07
es1371: found es1371 rev 7 at io 0xd000 irq 7
es1371: features: joystick 0x0
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: 0x8384:0x7608 (SigmaTel STAC9708)

Hope this helps,
 -dan