[Evolution] Problem with Evolution when home is NFS mounted.

Hi all,

I have a problem with Evo when running my home NFS mounted from another
server.

The message is:

Error while retrivning message 3549:
Failed to get lock using fcntl(2):Permission denied

After browsing the net i have found som pointers to this problem
but no working solution.
The problem seems to that Evolution tries to write to the
same file to many times under specified period, so fast that NFS dosent
have time to sync it. Therefor it locks the file and reports "Permission
Denied". Am i right ?

So, i would be very happy if someone could point me to a working solution
of this problem.

Also, i would like to know if someone have a sucessful setup using a latop
with Intermezzo and Evolution syncin the Evofiles with the Laptop.

This to have
a) Backup on the server
b) Access to the mail via SSH and Pine if not traveling with my laptop.

This would give the very desired function of Outlook/Exchange and Lotus
Notes, that is, to have a replica between my laptop and server.

 Is this even possible ?

Best Regards
Daniel

--
Daniel Persson

Westbo Linux User Group         ---> http://wlug.westbo.se
A swedish site about Gnome      ---> http://wlug.westbo.se/gnome
My personal pages               ---> http://wlug.westbo.se/~myrridin

Dagens kommentar :

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.