[Evolution] Hooking evo into menu panel?

With the default settings for Ximian Gnome, you get the menu panel at
the top, which has a clock on it. If you click on that, it gives you a
menu that lets you pop into gnome calendar.

But of course, all my calendar stuff is in Evolution, so having hooks
into gnome calendar is useless.

Does anyone know if there's currently any way to make that play nicely
with evolution?

I just figured I'd throw out a feeler & see if anyone had any experience
with this before filing a wishlist bug.