Re: [Evolution] Debugging filters

On Tue, 2002-01-01 at 00:15, Kenneth Porter wrote:
How do I figure out why a filter is not working? I have filters for all
my mailing lists to auto-file messages in per-list folders, but my
filter for this list and the patch list seem to be intermittently
failing. Some of those messages (I think not all) remain in the Inbox.
This seems to be the only filter of dozens that's failing. Is there a
debug log I can look at that shows the decisions being made?

Figured it out. I decided to go look at filters.xml to see what's in it,
and checked out my "Evolution mailing list" filter to see how it
differed from others. What immediately jumped out was that it had "all"
instead of "any" in the criterion attribute. This was easier to spot in
the text because I could see the contents of multiple filters at once.