[Evolution] Attachments crash

Using evolution  1.0.2 on RH 7.2.

Any time I attempt to send mail with attachments or open/save
attachments in inbound mail the email component of evolution crashes.

I see the following error message:

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error changing interactive status of
component OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent to FALSE --
IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

I saw one suggestion in the list in the past to change permissions on
/usr/lib/evolution/camel-providers/ to 755 then do the normal killing
and slaying thereafter.  Did that, but still getting crashes.

Any ideas?

Michaell