Re: [Evolution] Dreaded "Cannot access Bonobo/Config Database on wombat: (IDL:OAF/General Error 1.0)

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 17:21, Hamish Bain wrote:
has suddenly occurred after updating Ximian Desktop packages via Red
Carpet.... (I'm on LM 8.0 btw) OK, classic bonehead mistake: tried to do too
many....  however here I am totally without my beloved Evo.  Prior glitch
(about 10 days ago) is nothing compared to this.  Ettore had asked for a
stack trace, for which I was just preparing and upgrading Bug Buddy.

Have tried everything ever mentioned on the List & from Devzone (from Mozilla
lib to PATHS to oaf-slays to updating libnspr4 to multiples copies, etc.) .
Nothing helps.   But I guess this could be a new "packaging" error?  Here's
the list of most of what I Red Carpeted (more fool me) - there ARE more
(shame):-

[snip]

for some unknown reason something similar happened to me, tho the only
difference is that I wasn't using redcarpet to update.  The only change
I made was upgrade mozilla and galeon.

What I ended up doing was jumping into the directory where I stored all
evo + its dependency rpm's and doing an: rpm -Uvh *.rpm --force

which sure enough got evo up and running again, and has been working
perfectly ever since :-)

--
Anton Winter
http://myrddin.org