Re: [Evolution] Just upgraded to 1.0.2

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 23:17, Hamish Bain wrote:
via Red Carpet, and running on LM 8.0.

Am getting two error messages as follows:

1) The Evolution component that handles folders of type "mail" has
unexpectedly quit.  You will need to quit Evolution and restart in order
to access that data again.

       -  the only way that I am able to access New Message is via
Contacts and opening there with a right-click. Otherwise the folders
die...

2) GConf error:  Object Activation Framework error OAF problem

       - this is when I try to access Help. A window then opens with the
raw HTML code. Obviously I've accesssed these thru a browser, but cannot
find answers to these two problems there - nor have I found them
anywhere else.  Hope you can help?  Incidentally, am running
GConf-1.0.7-ximian.4.i586 - ex Red Carpet upgrade.

Check ~/.gnome/Gnome and see what the entry is for ghelp-show, info-show
and man-show.  They should all be a recognised browser with a command
line syntax that works for you.

This can be changed in the gnome control centre as well.

Jim