[Evolution] timeouts with html email

I'm going to post this question again, and hope that I can state the
problem a little more clearly.  For context, I use Evo 1.0.2, with a
non-secure IMAP server, on a RH-7.1 system with fully updated packages
from both RedHat and Ximian:

I occasionally get html emails that I actually want...not often...but a
man has to have his daily Calvin and Hobbes!  Evo has no problem reading
the html source code from my server, the problem is that often the
message's img/src site is either slow, or simply unresponsive.

I'd be perfectly happy to just move on to the next message in my INBOX,
but Evolution won't let me because it seems to be waiting for
something.  In other words the "Loading message content (...)" appears,
and stays, in the status bar at the bottom of the Evo window, even when
I try to move on to the next message.  I was once told (on this list)
that the "Cancel current mail operation" button was supposed to cancel
html request via GTKhtml as well, but I am pretty sure that was bad
advice.  GTKhtml should have some sort of reasonable timeout, or a means
by which Evo can tell it to cancel request/operation when it is ready to
move to a different message.

I haven't found any mention of this in Bugzilla (and it seems like a
potentially common problem), so I wonder if it's just my system, or Evo
configuration.  I'd appreciate it if someone knowledgeable would at
least tell me if this is something worth reporting on Ximian's Bugzilla,
and whether it should be reported as an Evo or a GTKhtml bug.

-EJR