Re: [Evolution] Can't seem to get Pilot Link to work

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 03:18, Justin A wrote:
On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 18:24, Janine Sisk wrote:

After doing this, gpilotd is left running, and pilot-xfer will no longer
work.  It complains about a "weird packet" and aborts.  If I kill the
two gpilotd processes, then pilot-xfer works again.
Ahh theres your problem, you don't want two of them running.  Kill them
both and try again, when you chose pilot settings it should start one
for you.

Unfortunately, I think I just misspoke;  what I called two gpilotd
processes was really one gpilotd and one gpilotd-control-applet.

I did make a bit of progress... following directions posted on the Users
list I found that if I killed the gpilotd process and restarted it
before pressing Next on the page which will go out and access the Visor,
I was able to get through the initial setting phase.  One poster said
that they were able to right-click on the gpilot applet and pause it
instead of killing it outright but I must not have been clicking in the
right place... maybe it's because I'm using KDE instead of Gnome?

Now, when I enable the Test conduit for synchronizing and click on Try,
then press the HotSync button, the Visor acts as though the HotSync was
successful but I get an error popup that says "Unknown pilot - no pilots
matches ID - 1216716984  Use gnomecc to set pilot's ID".

Ok... I've looked at the help output from gnomecc and I don't see any
applicable switches for setting a device's id.  Maybe client id - but
I'm not sure.  In any case *none* of the various docs, hints and tips
have mentioned needing to do this, so something seems wrong!

Last night I upgraded to gnome-pilot-0.1.64-ximian.1, but it still does
the exact same thing.  I was never able to get the Test conduit to sync
successfully again after that one attempt, even after slowing the
connection speed down.  It either times out (usually) or complains about
a "weird packet".

I'm about ready to give this up and try JPilot, which everyone says
works, but I'd still love to get this working if anyone has any
suggestions!

janine