[Evolution] [Fwd: japanese not displaying correctly.]

--- Begin Message ---

  • From: Owen Williams <ywwg usa net>
  • To: evolution-hackers ximian com
  • Subject: japanese not displaying correctly.
  • Date: 05 Feb 2002 21:16:07 -0600
This topic was covered but unresolved in july 2001.
overview:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/gtkhtml/2001-July/000168.html

This problem looks the same on my machine, but I've figured out a twist
to things.  I can view my japanese emails in galeon and emacs using the
fixed (sony) font.  When I tell gtkhtml to use that font, it seems to
ignore my request and continues to use the fixed(jis) font.  Yes I am
explicitly requesting the sony version in my .gnome/gtkhtml file.  I can
tell it's the other fixed font because... that's what the text looks
like :).  The sony font has big ugly serifs on the roman characters, and
I'm not seeing them in ev.

if you need more info please email me

owen williams

--- End Message ---