[Evolution] Two questions

Sorry if these have been asked before.  I did some searching but did not
find any answers.

1. Is is possible to set up Evolution to automatically check for new
email when launched?

2. After receiving messages which are filtered into several folders, I
click on a folder and the headers are displayed and no message is
shown.  Any chance there's a preference to automatically jump to the
first unread mail message?  With the current setup, I need to scroll
down to find the first unread message and then click it. (After some
experimenting I realize this is only on initial launch of the app. The
folder retains the scroll position after the first time.)

I'm running RH8, Gnome and Evolution 1.2 if that matters.  My usual
behavior is to launch the app, read email and quit which is why I'm
encountering these issues.

Thanks for any info.

Werner Sharp