[Evolution] Running Evolution with LDAP

I'm just beginning to set up a little LDAP server for the purpose
of sharing common addresses for my home LAN. Naturally what I'm
trying to do right now is get all our Christmas cards addressed without
resorting to any MS products as I used to do. (Darn, late again...)

I have the basic LDAP server set up and running. I can add and search
for records using the basic cmd line functions. It would seem that in
order to begin moving my addresses from an evolution addressbook.db to
LDAP I must define a proper schema on the LDAP server.

My next step will be to set up a more capable ldap client than the cmd
line one and see what that shows me.

Has anyone else successfully made this data conversion? Can you share
any pointers? I'm trying to make sense of the many LDAP resources I've
found, but I confess I was really hoping to do this without learning
too much about LDAP - probably a vain hope.

Thanks,

Bill

p.s. I am sure I'll do the Christmas cards via the brute force approach.
I don't think I'll attempt to resolve the LDAP thing first!
--
Bill Barnard <bill barnard-engineering com>