Re: [Evolution] EAddress: Could not start wombat

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 01:44, Not Zed wrote:
The problem:  I'm trying to switch to Debian.  On Debian I've compiled
pilot-link 0.11.5, gnome-pilot 0.1.71, and Evolution 1.2.1.  When I try
to synchronize the same [Treo] 270 I get the error message "EAddress: Could not
start wombat".  If I disable the EAddress conduit then I don't see any
error messages during synchronization (the progress bar moves back and
forth convincingly) but synchronization of the calendar and task list
don't work (no effect).

I can only think of running 'wombat' separately and seeing why it
doesn't work (it might print some useful info out, it might also not).
And/or running evolution and trying to use the addressbook?

Evolution's addressbook works fine.

Ok, I ran wombat separately.  After starting Evolution, I saw this;

        wombat-Message: Starting wombat

        Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
        Wombat up and running
        wombat-pcs-Message: add_component(): Could not notify the
        listener of an updated component

[last message repeated ~20 times]

        wombat-pcs-Message: start_query(): Could not notify the listener
        of a finished query

Then, when I synchronized, I saw this:

        wombat-pcs-Message: query_destroy(): Could not unref the
        listener

        wombat-pas-CRITICAL **: file pas-backend-file.c: line 1501
        (pas_backend_file_get_uri): assertion `bf->priv->loaded' failed.

        wombat-pas-ERROR **: file pas-book-factory.c: line 155
        (backend_last_client_gone_cb): assertion failed: (uri != NULL)
        aborting...
        Aborted

The addressbook, calendar, and task backends all crashed.  I forgot to
mention this happened before when I attempted synchronization while
Evolution was running.

==Sulley==