Re: [Evolution] EAddress: Could not start wombat

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 12:47, Sulley wrote:
I sent this message to gnome-pilot, then it occurred to me to send it
here as well.  Also, the reason I'm compiling these packages myself is
because the binaries don't work the way they're compiled (for reasons I
don't understand).

First, the good news:  I'm successfully synchronizing a Treo 270 on Red
Hat Linux 7.3 using Evolution 1.2.0 (binary), after compiling pilot-link
0.11.5 and gnome-pilot 0.1.66.  I'm so grateful for the effort put into
these software packages.

The problem:  I'm trying to switch to Debian.  On Debian I've compiled
pilot-link 0.11.5, gnome-pilot 0.1.71, and Evolution 1.2.1.  When I try
to synchronize the same 270 I get the error message "EAddress: Could not
start wombat".  If I disable the EAddress conduit then I don't see any
error messages during synchronization (the progress bar moves back and
forth convincingly) but synchronization of the calendar and task list
don't work (no effect).

This is the only thing holding me back from switching to Debian (yay,
Debian!).  Any ideas?  What should I try next?

I can only think of running 'wombat' separately and seeing why it
doesn't work (it might print some useful info out, it might also not).
And/or running evolution and trying to use the addressbook?