Re: [Evolution] Can't check my mail anymore

great suggestion. running evolution from the terminal showed two errors:

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error setting owner on component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent, -- CORBA error

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error changing interactive status of component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent to TRUE --
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE

i typed this into Google and found a page at
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2001-December/015644.html

which recommended changing the file permissions on the 1.2 folder
cd /usr/lib/evolution/camel-providers
[i used => cd /opt/gnome/lib/evolution/]
chmod go+rx 1.0
[i used -> chmod go+rx 1.2]
killev; oaf-slay
evolution

still didn't work.

then i found a 2nd suggestion on the same google page
http://lists.helixcode.com/archives/public/evolution/2001-December.txt

which recommended removing the "/tmp/orbit*" files.  i did and now...i get a
"Fatal Applicaiton Error - could not start "evolution-mail".

Thanks for your on-going assistance,
Noel