Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Pilot: Fatal alert]

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 04:42, Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 13:35, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
Interesting, but Evolution 1.2.1 (and 1.0.8 before it) only showed the
list server appended signature to me, and none of the message body.  I
was hoping that forwarding it as an attachment (rather than in line)
would have the same effect.  It's odd, but this only seems to happen
with [some] mail from that list, and it only chokes when I view it with
Evolution.  (In other words, Evolution seems to do fine with mail from
all of my other sources, and kmail and mutt seem to display the body of
these messages.)  Apparently, Evolution is seeing the list signature as
the last alternative of the body of the message.

Looks like mail has been sent to the list in html + text versions, and
the mailing list software is stripping the html part, but not changing
the content type of the container appropriately.

That makes a whole lot of sense as this is the only list where I have
this problem.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC