[Evolution] Importing mbox files to IMAP server?

Hi there, for the first time in a long time, I tried to import an mbox
format file into Evolution.

I went through the usual dialogs, selecting the file and IMAP target
folder, and then Evolution got stuck on the first message ("Importing
item 1"), and I had to cancel.  I tried this several times with
different folders and source files, all with the same result.

Then, on a hunch, I created a local test folder, repeated the process
and it worked!

The difference?  IMAP/Maildir vs. local mbox.

It appears the importer can't import an mbox file unless the target
folder is also in mbox format.  Is this intentional?

The only solution I can see is to import into a local folder, select all
messages and drag them into the "real" target folder.

Eric

--
I have nothing against the American people...
...but it is time for a regime change