[Evolution] Status=R in mbox

Hi,
I use pilot-mailsync to send emails from my Palm. When I sync, the emails
are sent with sendmail, and copied in the sent items folder of Evo. The
mails then show up as "unread" in the sent items, although the status flag
is set to 'R'.
I guess the read/unread status should be taken from somewhere else
(mbox.index?), so my question is: is there a way for a third party app to
write a mail in the sent items with the status flag understandable by Evo?
Thanks,
Alex