[Evolution] Weird Calender Reminder Problem

Evolution 1.2 - SuSE 8.0 - KDE 3.0

I have an ongoing problem with calendar reminders popping up at the
wrong time. Let's say I create an all-day appointment with a reminder to
be displayed a number of days before the start of appointment. The
reminder may or may not be displayed as required, but if it does appear
it will not show up until 11am and sometimes only if I switch to the
calendar or summary.

Could it be related to my time zone (currently GMT/UTC +11)?
I have set the correct time zone location in the calendar settings.
Both my hardware and system clocks are set to local time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

I have to use kalarm for reliable reminders, because evolution's
reminders are (for me) totally useless :(

Dave