Re: [Evolution] libpng errors

Hi Mark,

I took the Alexandrian solution to this gordian knot. I gave the rpm -e treatment to everything in gnome, except red carpet.  A quick rpm --rebuilddb, just in case and then used red carpet to install evolution and any necessary dependencies.

Result - perfect, no missing icons anywhere, no error messages.  It was quick too, as all the rpms were still in /var/cache/redcarpet/packages, so no downloading was actually necessary.

It looks like this is one of these rpm dependency hell (linux dll hell?) situations.

As a side issue, because I now have only the latest version of libpng installed, another program (the game lbreakout2) now fails with the same symptoms:-

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.12
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.4
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

Seems like you just can't win!  However, that's not Ximian's issue.

Best regards and thanks for helping,

Paul