Re: [Evolution] Feature Request: new mail icon

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 16:54, Christopher Ness wrote:
I don't know what kind of development is going on w/ the Gnome2 port,
but I would think it should be simple to put a small icon in the tray
(RH8.0 calls it a "notification area") when new mail arrives.

There is a Mailcheck applet that you can add to your Gnome panel (both
Gnome1 and 2) and you can configure it to check a
mailspool/maildir/POP3/IMAP account and play a sound/display a graphic
when new mail arrives.

Right-click on the panel and on RH7.3 it's under Applets->Network, in
Gnome2 it's under Add to Panel -> Internet -> Inbox Monitor

--
Bob Haddleton
bobh lucent com