Re: [Evolution] Can I sync the Sharp Zaurus with Evolution?

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 12:31, Rupert Heesom wrote:
On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 17:39, Jim Meyer wrote:
I, too, bought a Zaurus before I fully understood the issues involved;
it's largely because of the fact that the Zaurus is a Linux box and not
a PalmOS device that the sync'g system built up around Palm's standards
doesn't work for the Zaurus.

I would understand there being a difference between the synching of a
Palm OS device/ Windows CE/ etc and of a Linux device.

What I find incredible is that Evolution being a Linux program doesn't
support a Linux PDA.  I would think that Evolution should support any
Linux PDA BEFORE any Windows/Palm device (unless the Zaurus wasn't
available when Ximian's developers were working on a PDA conduit for
Evo).

Actually, it's not Evo's fault. Evo supports gnome-pilotd, which is
meant to support conduit-based PDA sync'g. gnome-pilotd doesn't support
Zaurus.

Ettore wrote a wonderful whitepaper discussing the ins and outs of Evo's
structure and design; here's a pointer to the part which applies to this
discussion:

http://developer.ximian.com/articles/whitepapers/evolution/#SECTION00053000000000000000

Cheers!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                purp selequa com