Re: [Evolution] Sync Palm with 1.2 and Redhat 8 Problems

I've gotten it somewhat work with RH8 and Evo 1.2.

This is what I recall doing. I don't have the courage to try again from
scratch. (How's that for a disclaimer?)
- use pilot-xfer to backup the Visor
- completely reset the Visor (left the batteries out for a while)
- go through the Visor welcome screens (tap here, tap there, etc...)
- place Visor in the cradle
- from a terminal window type "gpilotd-control-applet"
- don't try to run the wizard
- get to where you can type in the settings yourself
- on the Devices tab, set the port to /dev/ttyUSB1, set type to serial
and speed can be >= 57600.
- click Apply
- go to the Pilots tab
- click Add
- press the Hot-sync button
- click Send to Pilot (hopefully something happened)
Note: you should see logging information in the terminal window you
opened behind the Pilot Link window. This was what I used to kind of
figure out what was going on.
- If the last step worked, click Ok
- restore the visor data using pilot-xfer. (The visor will still retain
the Name and ID that was sent to it.)
- in a terminal window type gpilotd-control-applet, you can configure
your conduits now. (you did install the evolution-pilot package, right?)
- at this point, press the hot-sync button and then click OK
- if its going to work for you, you should see information scrolling in
the terminal window

This is where I'm at now. For me to sync, I open a terminal window,
press the hot-sync button, type gpilotd-control-applet and then click
OK.

It doesn't always work on the first try!! I'm waiting for a permanent
fix.

Todd