[Evolution] Evolution online/offline state

Hi.
I wrote to the list about this about a year ago. I
never got any real response then so I'll try it
again. I use Evolution on my modem connected
computer. My problem is that the online/offline
state in Evolution doesn't reflect the real
online/offline state of my computer. This can of
course easily be solved by me clicking the
online/offline button in Evolution every time i
connect/disconnect to Internet. I have a proposal
for a better solution though, just wanted to know
what everybody else thinks about it.

The solution is very easy. I would need a checkbox
in the Evolution settings named something like
"display annoying messages when no network found"
(or maybe the negated version "silently discard
network errors"). My idea is that if I try to send a
mail my computer tries to connect to the smtp server
and if it's not found it silently puts the mail in
my outbox without telling me and when the computer
tries to check the pop3 server for mail and it can't
be reached it just doesn't check it.

This way my Evolution could always stay in online
mode and work anyway. Couldn't be more than at most
ten lines of code to implement, could it?

/Daniel Eriksson