[Evolution] vFolder not looking at my "Sent" items

Version 1.2, running with IMAP

I have copies of my outgoing mails placed in an IMAP
folder called "Sent" (i.e. not the default local "Sent"
folder).  But when I create a vFolder looking for
certain recipients it fails to spot mails in that "Sent"
folder.

If I take the mails out of "Sent" and put them somewhere else
(any other IMAP folder), then the vFolder rule spots them and
they appear in the vFolder.  But when I put them back into
"Sent" they disappear from the vFolder.

If I change the IMAP account's settings so that the IMAP
"Sent" folder is no longer special (e.g. I point back to
the default local "Sent" folder), it still doesn't work.

If I rename the "Sent" folder to something else,
it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tommy