Re: [Evolution] starting from scratch

killev and/or oaf-slay

Paul

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 12:24, Andrew wrote:
with evolution 1.2 on a sparc, i'd like to remove all
evolution references in my home directory and set it
up again from scratch. how do i do this?

i've removed ~/evolution and some files in ~/.gnome,
but when i start evolution, it has remembered my imap
mailbox and server info somehow. is there a document
that tells you where all the evolution files
particular to a user reside?

also, after starting from scratch, how do i use my
prior Contacts database. it seems copying the files in
~/evolution/local/Contacts doesnt do it.

the reason i'm doing this is that after the
certificate on my imap-ssl server expired (and i
created a new one), evolution started to try to
connect to port 143 instead of port 993 on the server.
 deleting and recreating the imap account didnt solve
the problem, but deleting ~/evolution did. (there is
another post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution%40ximian.com/msg11572.html

with a possibly related problem). ideally, i'd like to
recover a day old backup of any evolution related
files and fix this port 143 problem, if possible.
otherwise,  i'd just rather start from scratch (except
for importing the Contacts db).

thanks for any help.

andrew.