Re: [Evolution] Knoppix-Debian/Evo 1.2

On dv, 2002-11-29 at 05:22, jeff wrote:
I'm running Debian, as installed by the latest Knoppix.  It says
`testing/unstable' version.

When I apt-get install evolution, I get 1.05.
[newbie alert] What kind of trick do I need to do in order to get 1.2
installed?  When I tried to install the .deb package, I got all sorts of
dependency notices, each of which has its own dependency issues.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jeff
Hello,

You must have "stable" sources in /etc/apt/sources.list so you are trying to install woody's version of
evolution.

You could add:

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

..where the server may vary slightly depending on the debian mirror you are using. Remember to update packet
list by typing "apt-get update"

Please keep in mind that if you do that and then type:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

...you'll may be upgrading a lot of software. You may want to edit "/etc/apt/preferences" in order to upgrade
only evolution, for instance.

In case you had the sources in the list and your problem is related to "/etc/apt/preferences", you could
install evolution too using:

apt-get -t unstable install evolution

Good luck!

Josep