Re: [Evolution] Dragging the vertical scrollbar freezes X

Sounds like an X bug maybe? I can't say that I have this problem...

Jeff

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 19:07, Weiqi Gao wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a bit of problem with Evolution today.  Every time I drag the
elevator of the vertical scrollbar that appears on the right side of the
list of mails in the inbox folder, X freezes solid.  The keyboard is not
responsive.  The mouse can be moved, but mouse clicks has no effect.
The only thing I can do after the freeze is to telnet in from another
workstation and kill the X process.

I'm a long time Evolution user (since March 2001), and I remember
encountering the exact same problem early in the beta cycle.  Somewhere
along the line, the problem disappeared by itself.

The problem is back after I upgraded to Red Hat 8.0 yesterday.  The
problem remained after I downloaded Evolution 1.2 from the Red Carpet
channel.

The bad part is that I don't know what is causing the problem.  I have
an Athlon 850MHz and an API Rage 128 APG video card.

Any pointers would be welcome.
--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.