Re: [Evolution] question about a bug/RFE in bugzila

fre, 2002-08-30 kl. 18:52 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:

It's not being worked on. I think we've decided that we are not going to
implement a "spamcop" button that sends emails out to some abuse
address. Seems to me like you'd just be contributing to the world of
spam rather than helping to minimise it.

IMHO to implement this would be tantamount to contributing to world
Internet anarchy. Spam exists to be filtered out, not to be propagated
*to anyone whatsoever*. Whether the filtering is carried out by an ISP
or a network sysadmin or the implementer himself, as is the tool chosen
to do it with.

I've already stopped Exim from sending detected viri back to mailadmins,
who are only mailing list listadmin aliases anyway, and asking them to
repack them as .zip files "if they really meant it". All detected viri
and spam on my incoming server just go into the cesspit (from which they
can be dragged out spluttering and retching, if need be). There are just
about no false positives any more, with a good filter, and all false
negatives are coped with by other means.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key: http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:       (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:         (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981