Re: [Evolution] Filtering for one folder?

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 03:34, Oliver Sturm wrote:
As I said, I do server-side filtering. Nothing wrong with that, I would
think... Actually, there's a language for it called Sieve (RFC 3028 or
http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve/index.html), which may be a fine thing to
support. I think the assumption that mail only ever arrives in one
specific folder is wrong.

The problem with Sieve is probably 95% of IMAP servers don't implement
it, so it's basically useless (none of UW, Courier, or Exchange have
it.)

We know that you can't assume that all mail arrives in INBOX, but it's
the only way to implement the filtering that won't be a huge resource
drain.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton