[Evolution] Mail component crash

Just in the last couple of weeks I've started having a
problem with evolution where the mail component
crashes *every* time I send an e-mail.  I can't recall
if it occured after an RC update or not.  The system
in question is my work laptop, and I've had to revert
back to Win/Eudora for awhile.

I've tried uninstalling evo and reinstalling via Red
Carpent, but that didn't work.  Apparently there is
another package somewhere causing the issue.
following is the error message when I run Evo from the
command line:

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error changing interactive
status of component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent to FALSE --
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Waiting for component to die --
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent (1)

Any help is appreciated.
Barry