Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Pilot - NOT ENGLISH !!!!!!!

Окау. I found how to fix it myself.

Why doen't it work.
1. Evolution does not make conversion itself - it uses functions
convert_ToPilotChar and convert_FromPilotChar from pilot-link package
(file util.c)
2. ToPilotChar and convert_FromPilotChar - by default  convert only
to/from CP1251
( #define PILOT_CHARSET "CP1252").

Pilot-Link Uses Libiconv for charset conversion

How to make it work:
Install libiconv:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv/libiconv-1.8.tar.gz
(I couldn't make iconv from Mandrake 8.2 glibc work properly with
pilot-link).
Download http://www.pilot-link.org/source/pilot-link-0.11.3.tar.gz
Apply attached patch
export PILOTCHARSET="Your charset".
(in my case export PILOTCHARSET=KOI8-R)

And voila  - everything works fine.

PS: Main Idea adopted from
http://mail.gnome.gr.jp/ml/gnome-devel/200112/msg00000.html
But pilot-link 0.9.5, the guy talked about did not work for me (maybe
something wrong with /dev/hands), so I used pilot-link-0.11.3 and
modified charset patch, 'cause it refused to apply on 0.11.3.