Re: [Evolution] RPMS for Palm m500 series

I've built a set of rpms for RH7.3 with Ximian (up to date) with a
recent pilot-link package that supports the m500 and friends correctly
over USB.  The evolution package also supports LDAP (untested - and it
uses the system dynamic LDAP libraries unlike the Ximian package) and
SSL.   All the evo functionality I use works OK - ie a large imap over
SSL folder tree and SMTP to send).

Packages are at
  ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/evolution_with_newpalm/rpms/

Source packages are also available (at ../sources )

The pilot-link package is the RH rawhide 0.11.2 package updated for
0.11.3

The gnome-pilot & gnome-pilot-conduits package is the Ximian RH73 one
rebuilt for the new pilot-link (with as few other changes as I could get
away with).

The evolution package is the RH rawhide package, modified with the
compile settings from the Ximian RH73 package.  The RH package was used
because it has fewer external build requirements than the Ximian one,
specifically it does not need external static packages for db3 and
openldap to build.  The modifications made to the package build were:-
  - rehash paths and dependancies for mozilla 1.0.0 (was
    moz 1.0.1) since this is whats provided by Ximian

  - link the mozilla nss nspr libraries static (because ximian
    does not put these in a run time link path)  (RH put them in
    /usr/lib, Ximian put them in /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.0)

  - few deps changes because ximian and RH naming conventions are
    different.

Much as I like the Ximian stuff, the evo RPM build is a mess since it
requires that a lot of undocumented stuff is put on the build machine).

Many thanks to frb (of ximian) who answered a number of dumb questions
on IRC whilst I was building this.

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]