Re: [Evolution] Message Headers

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 01:48, Carlos 'Fjrb' Almeida wrote:
On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 14:34, Tom wrote:
lol ... what resolution are you running that makes those 6 lines so
important?

1024x768 and sometimes at 1280x960. Not that it matters anyway, removal
of headers from e-mail displaying is a feature in every mailer out
there, good, and even bad ones.

Well its not a feature of evolution, and its a mailer.  So its obviuosly
not in every mailer is it?  I can't recall it being a feature of elm
either.

What if i don't even want to see any header ? Headers are already in the
message browser, why should they be repeated redundantly in my message
display, which, as the name would imply, is for *message* display ... ?

Pretty much, apparently, every e-mail app author companies deem those 6
lines important, from Mozilla to Outlook, perhaps they are all wrong
providing that basic feature to the user; i myself do not believe they
are.

whatever you reckon mate