Re: [Evolution] Customize column view for all mail folders

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 11:30, Greg Macek wrote:
Is there a way to customize the columns for every mail folder? Right now
I have to do into each one and manually change each one. Let me know if
I've missed this somewhere...

Here's what I do (note that this is a really butt-ugly solution, but it
works for me.  If there's a better way, I'd sure like to hear it ;o)

        1. Visit all the folders you want to save the view for
           (including vfolders).  This will ensure that you have a
           et-header* file for each folder.
        2. Pick a folder that you want to be the default (like say, your
           local trash folder, just to make it easy), and set up the
           column arrangement and sizes exactly the way you want.
        3. Exit and kill evolution (killev).
        4. Go to the ~/evolution/config directory, and find the file
           that contains this information (for the trash folder, it will
           be named "et-header-file:__Trash".  Copy this file into
           another local file (name it "message-list-et-header-template"
           for simplicity).
        5. Soft-link all the et-header-* files to this file (you can do
           this with the simple attached script if you like).
        6. Fire evolution back up, and you're set to go...

Like I said, it's ugly, but it works...

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett_johnson hp com>