[Evolution] evolution crashed and destroyed all my mail!

Hi,

Little over an hour ago Evolution froze up apparantly for no particular
reason, after I used killev to shut it down it restarted without a problem
but crashed when I tried to get my new mail. (I uses "bug-buddy" to submit
a bug report)

Same thing happened again after I had used killev again.

So I used oaf-slay and got a warning that proces 2021 oafd was still
running, after that I couldn't start KWrite any more, so I logged out and
logged back in.

I tried to start Evolution but it didn't work, so I tried to backup my
evolution dir but this is what happened:
[M8ram localhost M8ram]$ tar -czf  backup/evolution/20020808.tar.gz
evolution/
Segmentation fault

I then manually backup as much as I could (which is everything but
evolution/local/Bram/

The size of the mbox file in that dir is 0!

When I tried again, evolution started bu I can't open any folder and all
folders report as number of messages -1/-1!

I have a backup made yesterday so I won't have lost much but I'd still like
to recover today's messages, any suggestion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I use Evolution 1.0.8 (updated via Red Carpet) on a RH7.3 (i686) kernel
2.4-18 on KDE 3.0.0-10

--
Bram Mertens
bram-mertens linux be