Re: [Evolution] Get new mail and procmail

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 15:24, michael montagne wrote:
When I start Evo, it doesn't get my new mail.  Is there a way to have it
fetch mail on start up?  It is from a local mailbox.  Or is it best to

It should just do that automagically.

setup an IMAP server on this box?  Will that make it more seamless?

Well, IMAP has its plusses and minuses, it kind of depends on what
yoiu're doing.

But how will filtering be handled then?
Speaking of filtering, I really like using procmail to route my mail,
how can I continue that practice with Evo?

Best solution is to use maildir with procmail, but you need to upgrade
to 1.1.x (pre-1.2) in order to take the most advandatage of this
scenario).

Michael Montagne
michael themontagnes com
http://www.themontagnes.com