Re: [Evolution] mail

I have had limited success importing from Netscape 6 / Mozilla.  You CAN import your folders one by one using the import_a_file option in Evolution.  This seems to work very well but can be a pain if you have too many.  It is also possible to create the evolution folder hierachy from scratch by hand from the netscape mail files.  I don't recommend doing this unless you have hundreds of folders.

TTG

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 13:53, Janus Christensen wrote:
On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 20:06, Alec Schramm wrote:
> Hi,
>    I recently installed RH7.3 and discovered evolution in the distro.  I
> fired it up to check it out, but was disappointed to find that it
> (apparently) cannot import my mail files from netscape 6.x.  Can anyone
> confirm or enlighten me on this?

I haven't got an answer for you, but try searching Ximian's knowledge
base

  http://support.ximian.com/cgi-bin/ximian.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

or Google the mailing lists at Ximian

  http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.ximian.com

I seem to remember this issue having been discussed before on the list,
so one of the above should be a help.

Regards,
--
I want something that'll give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the