Re: [Evolution] So...I just bought Connector... (resend)

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 10:34, Paul Crossman wrote:
On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 12:39, Dan Winship wrote:
On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 11:50, Paul Crossman wrote:
I'm not seeing a difference in operation between evolution and
connector.  What did I just pay $70 for?  Am I missing something?  Do I
run evolution differently now?

Connector is only for accessing Exchange 2000 servers, so if you're not
doing that, you're not going to see any difference (and presumably will
want to return the product).

Yep...We're running Exchange 2000

If you are using Exchange 2000, you'll want to reconfigure your account
settings to have an account of type "Microsoft Exchange", and restart
evolution, and then your Exchange folders (mail, calendar, and contacts)
should all show up and be usable.

I've reconfigured my account to be an Exchange account.  I can see email
just fine, everytime I try to use the calendar that part of evolution
crashes, and contacts seem to be ok.

Calendar works fine for me. Using Connector with Evolution 1.0.8.99 on
Mandrake 8.1.

I can't see the Global Address List though.

I haven't used it yet. But I could not see it initially either. There is
an option in the configuration settings to create one explicitly by
specifying a server, then a global address list shows up, but I don't
know if that is the correct procedure.

If I connect via IMAP, I can see public folders and get some info out of
them.  I can not see anything like that with the exchange connection.

Public folders are not supported yet in the Connector. I believe
Connector 1.2 will support that.

Ujwal