Re: [Evolution] Anoncvs compile problems

You need automake 1.4 (I use 1.4-p5)

Jeff

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 11:06, Michael Hill wrote:
Evolution from CVS last compiled for me on Monday.  The initial problem
seemed to be libtool-related (couldn't find libssl.la) but now after
upgrading to the latest libtool-autotools as well as openssl (Debian
unstable), Evolution won't configure.

autogen.sh gives these warnings:
---
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:69: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM invoked multiple times
autoheader2.50: `config.h.in' is created
----

...followed by a string of Makefile.am warnings and finishing with
"**Error**: automake failed."

Running configure instead dies with this...
---
configure: error: conditional "HAVE_GNOME_PILOT" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
---

Does this indicate a problem with my toolchain?

Thanks,

Mike