Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.0.3 on Solaris 8.

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 00:21, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
It now takes < 1 second to bring up the compose window, and Evo itself
feels faster.
Wow! Is there any trick for similar speedup on Linux? New compose window

No.  It was mainly a weird random routine inside orbit (why orbit needs
such a strong random number routine i have no idea), which we already
knew about from quantify testing.

appears with really long delay (up to 10s) - for the first time. Second
and subsequent compose windows appear fast enough... Is is registered
performance bug or RFE or what?

Depends on how 'slow' your box is, but it takes about that long on a
K6-233 I have here.  Also sometimes there are oaf problems that can be
fixed by running oaf-slay and removing everything in /tmp/orbit* (or
some combination thereof).