Re: [Evolution] Specify path to sendmail not working

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 03:15, Anthony E. Greene wrote:

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 12:10:35PM +0930, Not Zed wrote:
Where did you read that such an environmental variable exists?  It
doesn't.

That explains it. I saw this in a diff that was posted in December 2000:

  <http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/2001-December/004019.html>

Note that there's a more recent version of the patch:

http://bugzilla.ximian.com/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=1318

attached to bug 18382 that gives a GUI for this instead of an env var.
[Note that this patch is against the CVS version of late January; it may
not patch cleanly today.  But it's pretty straightforward.]

I guess it never made it into the official release. Is there another way
of setting the path/options for sendmail?

Nope.  It's hardcoded in the standard source.

You could write a little script that called sendmail with the options
you wanted, and hack evolution (or use the above patch) to call that, I
suppose.

   - Ian