[Evolution] How to share calendars without MS Exchange?

The documentation mentions that it is possible to share calendars (or
calendar files), and later on mentions that it is possible to do this
via MS Exchange.  But we don't have MS Exchange.  Is it possible to
share calendars without it?

I guess a kludge would be to symlink the files (Evolution seems to
look in ~/.gnome only).  But I'm afraid of file locking issues, as
we use NFS which is not known for grokking file locking well.

Suggestions?

kai
--
Silence is foo!