[Evolution] importing address book

I trying to figure out how to import my address book from netscape into
evolution. Evolutions import filters seem to be limited to vcf and gcrd
while netscape is limited to ldif (whatever that is but at least it is
human readable form). So, I began to look in /usr/include/evolution for
some interface to help add contacts to evolutions database. The best I
could find was the e-card set of interfaces, but it did not look like
what I really wanted.

Some hints on where to start would be nice.

Al Niessner