RE: [Evolution] Trouble with Contacts

On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 15:57, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 21:03, Kevyn Nguyen wrote:
Hi all,

I'm not a programmer... just curious about the evolution product :)

From reading the postings... I wanted to know if there is a debug
mode?  example, if the user runs into a problem, he/she can start
Evolution in this mode that would be sent to support evolution com
and the support person would know what's going on.

Maybe have it in the "Help"... then "Debug Mode"  something like
that... or from commandline switch that would activate this mode?

this is already available. When evolution crashes, the GNOME bug report
tool (bug-buddy) is started, gets a backtrace of the binary that
crashed, and lets the user fill in some information about the bug, and
send it over to bugzilla.

If you use evolution and haven't seen that yet, it means that evolution
has never crashed for you? :-)

The problem with this is that the bug-buddy is not activated when only a
component dies (most of the time) like the already documented bug where
the mail component dies when deleting an email.

Stephen